The rise of the sharing economy has been a defining feature of the last decade. Properly is developing a one-of-a kind suite of tools to support, empower, and provide opportunity to those directly taking part in it.
Millions of hosts and homeowners who rent their homes to guests need a proper cleaning management tool, as well as qualified cleaners to clean these homes. Our tool lets these homesharers effectively manage all their cleaning and guest turnover operations on their own from anywhere in the world, and find proven and trusted cleaners and other service providers in an instant.
As our tool is used by hosts around the world, our user base is building a community-curated global services marketplaces that empowers cleaners and soon other service providers to independently run and grow their own businesses.
We’re a rapidly growing early stage startup which means every single one of us works very hard and moves really fast. Our young and international team is a group of diversely talented characters united by a ‘Can’t hold me back, World’ spirit. We’ve travelled the globe and each of us speaks at least three languages!
Properly is funded by world-renowned investors and supported by advisors from some of the most influential and successful companies. Headquarters is located in sunny San Francisco and our second base is in Wellington, New Zealand. We offer competitive salaries, and stock options.
If you are passionate about creating tools and solutions, and get fulfillment from knowing your work has a direct impact on a product used in every corner of the world, you should join us!
What you’re going to do:
● Design and develop our mission critical backend system - Node and Heroku
● Build scalable platform APIs to support our Android, iOS and web application
● Build infrastructure to support various product integrations like push notifications, email management systems, etc
● Collaborate with engineers across the stack - mobile, web, backend, database
● Tackle scale and performance challenges to support our fast growth
● Potential to lead our Wellington based engineering team
Skills & Requirements:
● 4+ years experience in backend development
● Experience in leading software development teams
● Experience in Node.js and other related server side frameworks
● Basic experience in frontend web development (JS, CSS, HTML, ideally React)
● Experience with MongoDB or related database systems
● Fast learner with strong analytical skills
● Fluent in both written and spoken English. Knowledge / fluency in one or more languages is huge plus
● Comfortable in a fast- paced, startup environment
What we offer:
● Collaborate side-by-side with a very motivated and international team
● Learn new things (online and offline) and meet interesting people
● Experience Startup Life first-hand (Perk? You decide.) :)
● Competitive compensation and stock options