Hosting with Airbnb is more than just sharing your home with travelers, it is an opportunity to make each and every guest’s experience something to remember. Being able to share your local knowledge while providing safe and comfortable lodging are part of the Airbnb experience that vacationers absolutely love and is why so many Airbnb guests continue to use the platform.
As a host, providing basic amenities for your guests will often meet their expectations, but going the extra mile will make you a vacation highlight! Items like a local restaurant and attractions cheat sheet, luggage racks, and unique amenities from this top 10 list will almost certainly land you that 5 star review and earn you the elite status of Airbnb Superhost!
Here are the top 10 extras for your Airbnb courtesy of our friends at Best Airbnb Hosting Tips!
- Welcome basket – Something to welcome your guests is an absolute must! This is your chance as a host to set the stage for your guests with an inviting gift that reflects the locality as well as your personality. Regional wine, coffee, and candies with a personal greeting card are great, but you could really stand out with local commemorative items like refrigerator magnets and postcards.
- Full length mirror – Travelers are often coming into town for imporant events and want to look their best. A full length mirror in the bedroom will allow them to get ready with confidence and style.
- Iphone & android charging cables – Forgot to pack your phone charger? No problem! A fully charged phone makes for a happy guest. Want to really wow guests? Stock your rental with USB charging stations.
- Makeup removal wipes – Running out of makeup removers is frustrating! Stock these in the bathroom and your guests will love you. (Whoever does your laundry might love you even more when they’re not trying to get stains out of your bathroom linens.)
- Room Safe – Travelers often have valuables they would like to keep safe while enjoying the town. Having a safe available in the bedroom will give them the peace of mind needed to enjoy their vacation.
- Yoga Mats – Being away from home can make maintaining a healthy lifestyle more difficult. Include a few yoga mats in the guest room so your visitors can stay active during their stay. Some hand weights and exercise bands would be great too.
- Bluetooth speakers – Get pumped up before a night out on the town or relax to your old time favorites. Bluetooth speakers offer a convenient way for your guests to get themselves in the right mood.
- Hair straightener or curling iron – Many Airbnbs offer hair dryers, but not hair straighteners. Stashing one of these in the bathroom for your guests is a nice touch.
- Bath bombs, bubbles bath or bath salts – Give the spa treatment with an assortment of bath bombs – a relaxing bath time experience your guests will very much appreciate.
- Bath robes – After a bath, your guests might want to wrap up with a soft and cozy bathrobe to wind down for the day. And they’ll love you for creating those nurturing memories.
These extras are guaranteed to deliver an awesome stay for your guests, but how do you ensure the cleaning service arrives and stages these extra amenities in exactly the right way?
Simple! By using the checklist feature in the Properly app, you can detail how each and every part of your listing should look and even include pictures.
As the cleaning service cleans and arranges the listing for the next guests, they can easily go down the checklist so that all of the details are just right. With Properly, every guest will get a perfectly prepared listing no matter who comes to clean!
With just a little extra effort and the help of the Properly app you will take your guests’ experience to a whole new level, proving you truly deserve the title of Superhost!
Thanks again to Best Airbnb Hosting Tips for putting this awesome list together.