Finding an experienced service provider who understands the vacation rental industry is one of the biggest challenges for individual owners and property managers. They are your potential clients! Our mission at Properly is to provide an efficient way for them to find and hire YOU through our marketplace. We know many service providers who have built thriving businesses by participating in our marketplace. You can read Lily’s story here.
So, when they come looking, you want to ensure you have a great profile and stand out from your competition. Here are our insider tips.
Be first in the list!
Clients want to hire the best. If you’re first on the list, they’ll assume the best is you.
The factors that impact your ranking
We won’t keep it a secret – here are the factors that impact your ranking.
- Number of jobs completed using Properly. The more jobs you complete, the higher you rank. So, the next time a client wants to send you a text to schedule you for a job, let them know you’d prefer to have them schedule through Properly. Not only does that help you rank higher, it also provides all the benefits to you and your client including you receiving clear job instructions and your client getting notifications when you’ve started and completed the job. That’s peace of mind.
- Completion of checklist tasks and verification photos.
- Your rehire rate. Do clients love your work and trust you to prepare their home for guests? If they rehire you, that tells us the answer is yes.
- Acceptance Rate. How many of those job from new clients do you accept? If the answer is not that many, it’s an indication to us that your business may be at capacity at the moment.
- Response Time: How quickly do you respond to clients? Often hosts and property managers are busy with loads of items to take care. Being able to check the box to having jobs scheduled is important to them.
- Response Rate: Any time a client sends you a job, it is REALLY important to respond to the job – even if you can’t or don’t want to accept it. Nobody likes to be left hanging.
- Accuracy: Are you a service provider who shows up on time? We like that. And we know potential clients do too.
Want to view your stats? You can. In the app, you can view your stats to see how you rank against service providers in your area. Just use the Stats tab. Note that only YOU see your stats. They are not visible to current or potential clients.
How to create a great profile
Create a great profile. Here’s how.
- Use a great photo. This tip seems obvious, but we see lots of profile photos and you’d be surprised about what people choose. Remember that this is not a social media site, but rather a mini-resume so use a photo that is professional and is a picture of you. (Preferably without sunglasses or far away.) If you have a cleaning company, we recommend that you use a photo of yourself rather than a company logo.
- Add a bio. You can include information such as skills, experience, rates, policies and hours. We also encourage you to share a bit of information about yourself and what you like about the work you do. Pay attention to details such as grammar and spelling – people notice those details and they matter. (If you’d like help with your bio, reach out to us. We’re happy to help – we want you to be successful!)
- Add service tags. On Properly, you can offer more services than simply cleaning such as meet & greet, key exchange or maintenance.
- Keep your profile up to date. This includes participating in the marketplace. You can always opt in and out of the marketplace. It is important that if you don’t want to receive jobs for a period of time, that you remove yourself from the marketplace.
Here’s an example of a service provider we love.
Pro Tip #1: Be sure to set your notifications so that when those new clients send you jobs, you get a notification. It would be a shame to get job offers you never know about.
Pro Tip #2: Clients have the option to send the same job to multiple service providers. When they do that, the first provider to accept the job gets it. So be quick!