3 Benefits + 3 Tips for Hiring from the Properly Marketplace
Properly Pro Tip
By Properly / Feb 23, 2018
Properly’s marketplace is a revolutionary resource in the vacation rental industry. While there are other on-demand services, the Properly marketplace is unique and bespoke to hospitality.
Our 3 BIG Benefits
1. Service providers on the Properly platform have experience in the hospitality industry
Did you know that every service provider in the Properly marketplace has experience preparing homes for guests? That means they understand the important differences between a hospitality and residential cleaning such as checking drawers and closets for items left by the last guests (please, may I never find the last guests’ underwear in a drawer, ever again) or the importance of reporting damages or excessive messes to their clients.
2. Every service provider has completed a job for someone from your community
Service providers can only join the marketplace after they have been invited to use Properly by a member of your local vacation rental community and completed at least one job. That means every service provider is trusted by an owner or property manager in your community.
3. It’s SO MUCH easier than posting to your VR FB group
We love our local online communities of vacation rental owners and property managers. They are great for problem solving and sharing ideas. But I can’t tell you how many cumbersome threads I’ve seen about finding a cleaner.
a. Finding a cleaner through your FB group
- Member 1 (we’ll call her Sally) posts looking for a cleaner.
- Members 2-pick a number (we’ll call them the FB VR Group) post responses with contact info, or worse yet, a request to private message for information.
- Sally calls, texts, FB messages or e-mails every cleaner that was recommended by the FB VR Group.
- In the best case scenario, every cleaner responds. In the worst case scenario, none of them respond.
- Tons of back and forth messages commence between Sally and every recommended cleaner with questions and details about availability, the job, location, etc.
- Finally, if all goes well, Sally schedules the chosen cleaner for a job.
That’s tedious and tiresome communication for every person involved, including Sally, her generous FB VR group members and every cleaner. What’s worse, when the job is scheduled, the process isn’t complete because now Sally needs to communicate details such as changeover instructions, access information, wifi codes, etc to the cleaner. And then, the next time another member asks for a cleaner recommendation, the whole process begins all over again. In the words of my Wisconsin folk, Uff da.
b. Finding a cleaner using the Properly Marketplace
- Owners and property managers invite their trusted service providers to use Properly to receive and complete jobs.
- Service providers join the marketplace.
- Every member of a community needing to hire a trusted and experienced hospitality cleaner browses the Properly marketplace and selects and hires a cleaner simply and efficiently by sending a job directly to their mobile phone.
Efficient. Elegant. Easy. Ahhhh, so much better.
Our 3 BIG Tips
1. Use performance badges to see how service providers shine
Service providers can earn badges based on their performance on Properly. We track things like accuracy, response rate, job completion and cancelation rates. We provide all this feedback to service providers and display this information through public badges you can find on their profile.
Here is a guide to our badges.
2. Read service provider profiles
Service providers are encouraged to add detailed bios to their profiles with information such as rates, availability, experience and a little bit about themselves or their business so you can see if they are a match for your needs.
Here is one bio we especially love:
3. Check the service provider’s typical response time
If a provider has a fast response time, it means they actively use the app and are actively engaged in their business. In particular if you need someone quickly, choosing providers with quick response time is the way to go.
Bonus Tip: See how many properties a service provider has serviced
When browsing the marketplace on web or mobile, you can see how many properties a provider has prepared for guests. The more the merrier, we say.
If you have feedback about our marketplace, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos Designed by katemangostar / Freepik